Sunday, February 5, 2012

Perfectly un-planned

This is what complete satisfaction can look like. 

Unlike yesterday's babble about "things not going at all as I had planned", today just kinda...happened.  I guess the lessons of life continue, indeed.  A late night text from a buddy (who'd just bought his new ride in the background) threw out the random, wishful idea of bookin' it 2 hours South and playing in/on/around the wet rocks of southern-ish Missouri.  Hmmm...Dawn seemed agreeable, (other than my apparent mis-understanding of when I was/agreed to be home - sorry honey!!), the forecast seemed pretty reasonable, only three weeks until the first race of 2012...."Hell, yeah!  Let's do it!"

I'd been pretty seriously pining to throw a leg back over this thing for a while, even if it was just to prove that the love couldn't be re-kindled, dirt-biking was no longer that much fun, and/or most of all:  the tendinitis-ridden old man elbows couldn't take it any more.  The good and the bad news is...I was wrong on all accounts.

Fantastic riding, great fellowship, happy elbows and the cracked radiator shroud along with the strange, colorful knot on my thigh were prices gladly paid.

Signed,
Yes, I'm limping with a big-ol' grin

No comments:

Post a Comment